Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Porsche 911 Carrera S: The park lights on the 997 carrera s

Customer Question

The park lights on the 997 carrera s normally comes on automatically when the engine switches on, mine has stopped coming on automatically and only comes on when I put the light switch on ,, any ideas?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
it sound like a failed headlight switch . the possibilities are headlight switch and electrical systems control unit. but in my experience it is the headlight switch, it may not recognize the position of the switch. hope this helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's is no switch to put those park lights on,, they usually come on and stay on automatically as the engine is switched on
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, it may be different then our USA cars, i will opt out to see if another expert can help, Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
is it just the front lights that come on with the key? if so i do have a wiring diagram that may help. there is a yellow wire that powers the front daytime lights, if you can remove the front headlights you can check for power at this wire. there is a brown wire for ground and a yellow wire for power. let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They come on fine with the switch, and they come on when the engine is switched off for a few seconds (which is normal) as well, they just stop coming on automatically,, if I'm having battery issues could that be the cause?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the battery is the issue. No let me see what else I can find. Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Consulted another tech. He said go thorough the settings inside the cluster. They may have been accidentally reset. See if that works.