Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Porsche Cayenne S: I have a 2003 Porsche Cayenne S and the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Porsche Cayenne S and the check engine light came on the other day. Took it to a local shop that said they can work on it and got the Camshaft Position Sensor/High Bank 1 and they said they took it on a test drive and it died. Then they said that the crankshaft was also showing up as a code. So they replaced that. Well now I go to pick the car up it will start and not start. It also has a PSM light on now. What could be the issue? Battery? Timing Chain?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
you say it will start and not start, can you clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts then you shut it off and there were a couple times it didnt. The brake pedal feels heavy now and if I slam on it it starts. I don't know if when it didn't it was because of the brake pedal.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, it sounds like the brake light switch mounted to the pedal, next time it does not start, press on the brake pedal with both feet real hard and see if it starts, also if you have a second person with you, see if the brake lights also come on, that would tell me the switch failed. if the switch is not working it will not allow the cayenne to crank., that seems to me the issue. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.nextdayauto.com/2003-porsche-cayenne-brake-light-fail-switch-genuine-w0133-1928405.html

that is the part i am referring too. copy and paste that link.