Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

Porsche Cayenne Turbo: there. I have a problem of starting

Customer Question

Hello there. I have a problem of starting 2008 cayenne turbo starting 3 days ago. Somehow I managed to restart by disconnecting - battery, wait for 2 min and restart. 2 days later I changed the battery under driver seat. Today I couldn't start. Symptom: when the key is inserted Porsche logo light on, radio on, light on, no warning light. No click from steering column. Can you please help? From searching I suspect there is a problem with steering column and steering control unit. Is that true? Thanks.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
hello, sounds to me like you may have a issue with the ignition switch if the switch does not see the key inserted then it will not allow the car to start correctly, when you put the key in the ignition, and turn it, does it turn smooth? or does it feel like it binds??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns smoothly. No issue with turning it. Steering and gear are stiff though.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for replying , so the cayenne starts ? Or does not start ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't start
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello , ok does the starter click or anything ? Also does the electronics in the car come on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. the electronics in the car come on. I wonder if you received my first problem statement as it's been explained there already.
"Hello there. I have a problem of starting 2008 cayenne turbo starting 3 days ago. Somehow I managed to restart by disconnecting - battery, wait for 2 min and restart. 2 days later I changed the battery under driver seat. Today I couldn't start. Symptom: when the key is inserted Porsche logo light on, radio on, light on, no warning light. No click from steering column. Can you please help? From searching I suspect there is a problem with steering column and steering control unit. Is that true? Thanks."
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok I did see all of your posts. Please understand , for me to get a good understanding of the issue I need to get as much info as possible and so far the information provided does not help me , i will opt out and see if another expert can better assist. Please do not respond or the other experts will not see your posts as it will lock the question back to me. Sorry I could not help you. Good luck. Lou.