Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system

How can I jump charge my 2006 porsche cayenne battery

how can I jump charge my 2006 porsche cayenne battery
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

2006 Porsche Cayenne (9PA) V6-3.2L

External Power Connection, Jump Lead Starting

NOTE: If the battery is flat, jump leads can be used together with the battery of another vehicle to start the car or to supply external power to the vehicle.

Both batteries must be 12 V batteries.

The capacity (Ah) of the battery supplying the power must not be significantly lower than that of the flat battery.

Risk of damage and injury as a result of a short circuit.

• Use only standard jump leads with a sufficiently wide cross section and fully insulated terminal clamps. Observe the cable manufacturer's specifications.
  • Route the jump leads so that they cannot become entangled in moving parts in the engine compartment.
  • No contact is allowed between the vehicles, otherwise electricity could flow as soon as the positive terminal is connected.

The flat battery must be properly connected to the vehicle electrical system.

1. Remove cover for jump lead starting terminal.

Open protective cover on the positive terminal -+- for jump lead starting -arrow A-.

1. Connect the positive cable to the positive terminal for jump-lead starting -+-, then to the positive terminal of the battery supplying the power.
  2. First, connect the negative cable to the negative terminal of the battery supplying the power, then to the ground point for jump-lead starting - - -.
  3. Have the engine of the vehicle supplying the power run at a higher speed.
  4. Start engine. Do not spend longer than 15 seconds trying to start the vehicle with the jump leads - after 15 seconds have elapsed, wait for at least one minute .
  5. Disconnect the two jump leads in reverse sequence when the engine is running.
  6. Close protective cover -arrow B-.
  7. Position the cover.