ALLTECH
ALLTECH, ASE Master and L1 Adv Tech
Experience:  Numerous years in Euro only shops. VW/Audi/Porsche
13710235

Porsche 911 Carrera S How do I reset Service Now indicator,

Customer Question

How do I reset "Service Now" indicator, I have done oil change myself, on my 2006 997 911 Carrera S
Category: Porsche
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 5 years ago.

ALLTECH :

Hello, Jason here to help. Try this procedure. 1- Enter the 911 and make sure that all doors are closed. 2- Push the odometer reset button while turning the ignition key on. 3- Continue holding down the odometer reset button for approximately 10 seconds until the "ServiceReset" message appears in the info center. 4- Release the odometer reset button and press the reset button on the bottom of the wiper stalk. 5- It may take a few attempts with this procedure. Let me know if it worked. Jason

Expert:  ALLTECH replied 5 years ago.
I switched us to Q and A. just reply when ready. Jason
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jason, i tried the procedure you described, and still have service now showing up..any other suggestions?
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 5 years ago.
Did you try it several times? Sometimes it takes several attempts. If the procedure does not work, a PST( Porsche scan tool) may be needed to reset the service message. I wish there was a world standard for resetting these lights, each vehicle has a different procedure, and some can only be done by the dealer or good independent technician with a scanner that will do it. Jason
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried it several times (at least 6), and still have service now light....any other suggestions?
Expert:  ALLTECH replied 5 years ago.
A reputable shop with a capable scan tool is really the only option. I wish there was a simpler answer to your service light. Can I help find someone in your area to clear the light? Jason