poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

My hayward abg 1001 heater starts and ignites and runs for a

Customer Question

My hayward abg 1001 heater starts and ignites and runs for a few minutes but then for some reason the burner is not igniting even though the unit is still running
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: how do i check to to see if it's bad which filters are you referring to
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yeup
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well i have good water flow and the natural gas is fine
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Your description is contradictory. You say the heater ignites and then it doesn't. Please clarify, do you mean the fan starts but the burners don't ignite?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The induction fan starts and then the unit ignites, I just ran it again and it ran for five minutes heating the pool, then I can back and the fan is still running but the burner is not, my water temp is still low so I know it's not shutting off due to the temp of the water
Expert:  Rick replied 6 days ago.

How do you get it to fire up again?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Well if I turn it off then wait for a few minutes and turn it back on it will work for about five minutes
It ignites automatically after the induction fan starts and then remains burning to heat the water, I have the turn nob turned all the way up so I don't know whats making it stop burning after the five minutes but the fan keeps running.
I cleaned my pool filter and have normal water flow like always, no issues with natural gas pressure or flow
Expert:  Rick replied 6 days ago.

Could be a bad air pressure switch, water pressure switch or temp limit. You need a multi meter to test where the voltage drops out