Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a cal spa from 1999 in a home I recently

Customer Question

I have a cal spa from 1999 in a home I recently purchased...The spa runs great, no leaks, all systems go except for one item. it heats up to 110 and then goes into automatic shutoff which the manual verifies as a safety mode. Is this a heater relay issue, if so, where do I get a Cal Spa Genesis part and what part do I order etc.
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Cal Spas
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a savvy electrical engineer that is very familiar with electronics that will perform the work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I believe this describes the situation best. All other aspects of the tub work great!
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you have an answer to my question? A heat Relay part number or equivalent?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 8 days ago.

The spa is overheating due to a bad thermostat and or high limit sensor. You need to replace the sensors to correct the issue. The following link should be the dual sensor assy you need to replace. You can locate on the board where the sensors plug in then follow the cable back to each sensor and remove and replace.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M3ZGIEM/ref=asc_df_B00M3ZGIEM5036058/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00M3ZGIEM&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167126215582&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15865441068923028086&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003703&hvtargid=pla-313095534900