Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

The fio light and standard light are on simultaneously. tub

Customer Question

the fio light and standard light are on simultaneously. tub is heating fine and appears to filter fine. i have had a slow leak for a few months. about 1inch in 5 to 7 days. does the flo light indicate an issue? if so, what?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: flo light for a couple days.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if its not too technical
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I think I can help you with this.

A friendly reminder - when we are finished a rating question will appear and this is the only way I receive payment for my service. Thank you

Expert:  Cole replied 3 months ago.

So the most common issue that makes a low flow error appear is a dirty or old filter. First thing i do is pull the filter or filters out and reset tub and see if flow error goes away. If it does than clean or replace filter.

Expert:  Cole replied 3 months ago.

If you run the tub with no filter and it still shows low flow it can be a sensor/pressure switch malfunction and if we get to this point i can walk you though some different ways of checking things out. Thank you so much for contacting just answer and giving me a shot a helping out. Let me know how we did with a rating please.

Expert:  Cole replied 3 months ago.

Let me know how you do. Glad to help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you,
I will try in the morning as it's cold, snowy and dark outside.
Expert:  Cole replied 3 months ago.

sounds good. it is cold and snowy here as well. I know very well how wonderful it is to work on your hot tub when its like this :( One more thing i may throw out there is the fact that if your some how sucking air in the system either via the leak location its self or if the leak causes the tub water level to get below the filter skimmer height and it pulls air in this can possibly cause flow sensor to go off. Have a great day.