poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

We have a Solana TX2J3265. The circuit breaker tripped.

Customer Question

We have a Solana TX2J3265. The circuit breaker tripped. Turned it back on and everything works but automatically.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Several days.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Would like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Inside of the cover seems to be coming lose did not notice that before.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 days ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

Are you saying that you can no longer control the hot tub manually? None of the buttons work on the control panel?

Let me know and I'll try and help.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the 20amp breaker was tripped. the spa is the only thing on the circuit. we reset the breaker and the GFIC. After doing that all the lights and buttons work manually. But the spa does not come on automatically like it should when it is first plugged in.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 days ago.

When you turn it on, what temperature is the hot tub set to? Note I'm not asking what temperature the water is, BUT what temperature is the top side controller asking for?

Let me know.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the temperature setting asked for was 103, the measured temperature started at 80 and increased to 95 in a few hours at that time we disconnected the spa for the night for safety reasons.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 days ago.

So when you turn on the spa, it is set for 103 degrees but the pumps do not come on?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the pump does come on emedeatly.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 days ago.

Ok. Then can you tell me what you think is not working? You told me that it doesn't come on automatically.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
sorry I got that wrong, I have to push the jet button to activate the pump.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 days ago.

So if you turn on the breaker, nothing happens? Even if you wait for 3-5 minutes?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, I cannot call you at this time.

Does the spa start up after 3-5 minutes without input from the buttons on the controller?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Plugged the spa in and waited, it came on after 10 minutes, temperature has risen to 90 degrees. Waiting to see if spa shuts off. We have the temperature set at 95 degrees.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 days ago.

Ok. Let me know. That sounds normal.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It has reached 95 degrees and shut itself off. Should we shut it off for the night just to be on the safe side?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 days ago.

If it only reached 95 degrees then you may have issues with your temperature sensors.

Unfortunately, I am going to be off line for a few days so I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.

Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 2 day ago.

Hello I am Wendy and I will try to finish this for you

If I understand correctly you set the tub for 95 and it heated to 95 as you wished. I am also understanding that you are shutting off the spa at night because it tripped a breaker? which is a good call. I am assuming that you have a cord with a GFCI on it for the power. When you push the "test" button on the cord does it trip the breaker? Also, how old is the unit? Is it outside or inside?