Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

My hot springs envoy tub wont run. control board has light

Customer Question

my hot springs envoy tub wont run. control board has light saying controls disconnected. I just relocated tub. Is main board bad? Had technician out he said heater board was shorted out. Replaced it doing same thing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes local technician apparently not very good at solving difficult problems
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: did also replace heater that was bad and high limit sensors
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 9 days ago.

When relocating or moving a tub there is the possibility of wires and connections becoming loose. Also with age the wires (and there are many in the tub and on the circuit boards) can break. The first thing to check is that the connections (usually a ribbon strip) from the top side control (where the buttons are) to the control pack are secure. This is common to come loose with spa agitation and then driving down the road it can happen again. You need another opinion from an experienced spa repair person that is capable of tracing the power circuit to see where the flow of power changes. Some electricians can do this as well. There are Certified Spa Repair people. To find if there is one in your area visit: www.APSP.org and look in the dealer locator.