Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a call spa atlantic classic series model 05-5m-ca31.

Customer Question

I have a call spa atlantic classic series model 05-5m-ca31. Control panel 5000. I overfilled it causing the gfi to trip. I reset breaker. Hot tub heats, but locks at 100 degrees. I push the temp button but nothing happens. All other controls work. I turned power off at main breaker to try reset, still in the same boat. Not sure what else to do.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 12 days ago.

All electronic topside controls have small circuit boards in them. It sounds like the temp button on the topside has failed. Possible when over filled water got into the small board and corroded one of the circuits. I would replace the topside, or at least get another one unplug old one from main circuit board and un-plug in new one BEFORE installing to determine if it is indeed the topside.