Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I have an intex inflatqble spa saltwaater system..The temps

Customer Question

I have an intex inflatqble spa saltwaater system..The temps here dropped suden below 30 and my display has gone berserk,,would temp affect the electronics
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: INtex
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I usually do, or at least try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thats the best I can come up with is the temps affected the display in some way. Last winter I put a waterheater blanket around the pump and it held up fine
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 10 days ago.

Absolutely the cold weather will effect the electronics. Especially if there is any moisture in the control under the overlay on the topside control. If the spa water gets below 64 degrees or so that will also cause the saltwater system to not function and that can throw up all kinds of errors as well.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
do I reset it somehow, replace the electoniscs, get a new spa. Advise

You can try to reset the electronics by unplugging the spa for about 15 minute and plugging back in. I would also check the salt cell to be sure it is not scaled or needs to be cleaned off. If the cell looks good and the tub will not reset you will need a new topside control. You will need your model number of tub to order and they cost around $45 from INtex.