Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have an Artic Spa - Yukon model - and we just replaced the

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Artic Spa - Yukon model - and we just replaced the Pump (wet end) and the fitting from the pump to the heater....and now we have a solid HL message on the screen.....we have tried removing filter, and checked the panel switching power off and on again but still giving code and won't heat water.
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Google suggests the reset button, but I do not see any reset button on this model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, everything else seems to be working fine.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 5 months ago.

"HL" code usually means High Limit. This is a sensor that would be in or on the heater housing. It senses water temperature and if it deems the temp to be 112 degrees or higher it shuts down the heater. Now you need to be sure the water is flowing good through the heater, if the water is not moving through the heater then it can over heat inside the heater tube. I would replace the thermostat and high limit sensor then reset tub.