Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

How do bleed air from the gas line? PG&E turned off the gas

Customer Question

How do bleed air from the gas line? PG&E turned off the gas to our home to fix the meter and the Jandy Hi-e2 hasn't worked since.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The safest way to do this is to keep cycling the unit on then off until it fires but this can take a very long time. The other option is to shut off the gas cock at the unit, then break the union connection between the shut off and the unit then turn the gas cock back on until you can smell gas. Then off again and reconnect the gas line. Soap that connection to be sure you have no leaks. Of course no open flames nearby when you do this.

Expert:  Rick replied 22 days ago.

Do you have more questions?