Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Maxx spa error message prime failed and the spa pauses

Customer Question

Maxx spa error message prime failed and the spa pauses operation
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 28 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Problem: prime failed - the spa control cannot detect the presence of water in the heater tube

Cause :An air lock is present in the pipework and the heater tube is not completely filled with water - for

safety reasons the element cannot be activated until the heater tube is completely filled with water

Solutions:

1) Press Pump A button to retry water prime => the pump will run for an additional 5 secs to attempt water prime. If successful the spa control will continue to operate in AUTO mode. If unsuccessful the spa control will return to the ER-3 WATER PRIME error condition

2) Check pool water level refill if necessary => press Pump A button to retry water prime

3) Turn mains power OFF => remove filter cartridges from spa completely => then turn mains

power back ON to retry water prime - If the spa has just been filled/refilled with water and this resolves the error, the problem was a result of an air lock trapped in the pipework which was freed by removing the cartridges. Turn

mains power back OFF => re-install filter cartridges => then turn mains power back ON

$) If error persists - the airlock must be manually expelled from the pipework => the easiest way to

do this is to turn mains power OFF => remove filter cartridges from spa completely and run water

from a garden hose down the pipework through the filter cartridge holes until any air bubbles are

expelled through the jets in the spa => then turn mains power back ON to retry water prime.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open. Are you needing further assistance?