Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

We own Master Spa hot tub - Legend series. Recently the

Customer Question

We own Master Spa hot tub - Legend series. Recently the display vanished and only two of the three pumps can be activated. The lights also can't be turned on. I've tried shutting the entire tub off and then "rebooting" it. For a short while everything seems to work as normal but then reverts to the nonfunctional state. Two of the stations work fine and the heater as well but I'm concerned with the cold weather approaching that the freeze protection works. Suggestions? Thanks. *****
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Master Spas 6927 Lincoln Parkway, Fort Wayne Indiana 46804
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I've replaced the heater element myself, and I just watched how to replace the topside control panel; seems pretty straightforward. I don't want to mess with the computer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I will continue later. I want to have serial and part numbers handy before continuing.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 21 days ago.

You are correct in your assumption about the topside control. I would have to agree that it is the topside with the intermittent action of the display. The freeze protection is built into the main circuit board and should work fine regardless of topside. All topside controls have their own tiny circuit boards encased in electrical gel on the under side of the topside. These boards like any other can fail and cause strange readouts or failure of the buttons to work. Remove and replace topside.