Handyman Matt
Handyman Matt, Handyman
Experience:  12 Years of Light contracting, home improvement and handyman service.
12980637

I want to replace the bulb in my freestanding spa but I

Customer Question

I want to replace the bulb in my freestanding spa but I cannot get to it from inside the tub.
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: It is a Nautilus spa, though I'm not sure if that is the manufacturer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't see how to access the light fixture from underneath the spa.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The manufacturer is ENGUARD. I am in Australia.
Expert:  Handyman Matt replied 28 days ago.

The only Nautilus Spa I have worked on required a special tool to access the bulb. Here are the directions I have for that:

1. Turn the power off and drain the system below the level of the light. 2. Using the special tool provided in the owner’s manual packet, unscrew the cover for the light housing. 3. Remove the old bulb and install the new bulb. 4. Use the special tool to replace the cover for the light housing. 5. Check to ensure proper operation of the new bulb before refilling the system

Basically the lens itself unscrews from the housing. There is a large o-ring behind it that keeps water out. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
When I purchased the spa 6 years ago, no tool was supplied with it. Can you suggest something else I could use? or where I could buy the necessary tool in Australia? The company who originally supplied my spa are no longer in business.
Expert:  Handyman Matt replied 27 days ago.

Here is a link to the two piece tool you need:

https://easyspaparts.com/ProductDetails/dimensiononespaparts-Lights-2-Piece%20Light%20Removal%20Tool-01510-295-2

Unfortunately they only ship to USA and Canada. I haven't had any luck locating the tool in Australia. The ring in the kit holds the base of the light while the other part grabs hold of the small holes in the lense so you can turn it to remove it. I'm afraid using anything other than the tool kit will crack or break the light lense or housing. If you have trouble locating the tool locally let me know and we'll see what we can do to get one to you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok, thanks for this. I will check the light carefully to see if it looks the same as this describes. Ironically, I was given two coloured replacement lenses when I purchased the spa - but no tool to do the job! Can I continue to get back to you on this question, please? In case I need to order the tool, as I doubt I will find one in Australia.

This question should remain open for us to communicate. Let me know what I can do to help.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hi Matt, sorry I took a while to reply, but I have been trying to source the part in Australia. Could you organise one for me? I see from your link that I will probably need a new light (or bulb - not sure) and O-ring too. Also, I'd like a blue filter.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The big cost will likely be the postage. That will determine whether it is affordable to replace the light. Will you be able to find out anything about p/h costs?
Expert:  Handyman Matt replied 25 days ago.

Let me look in to it and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Can I get a mailing address for you, so I can get shipping costs as accurate as possible. Thanks!

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
MUNDUBBERA 4626, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi Matt, my week is up; are you still able to complete this discussion? If not, I will just go ahead and complete your rating. You have been most helpful. Would be good, though, to get a quote on those items.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi again, Matt. Any update on this status? Were you able to arrange delivery to Australia?