Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a 2001 sundance altmar spa. it was setting for couple

Customer Question

i have a 2001 sundance altmar spa. it was setting for couple of years. I replaced circuit board , flow switch and temp and high sensor. I am back to running but now have a flow code. I losen the clamp on the heater side and have flow, oh this is a new heater also, I was wondering which way the arrow on flow switch should point away from heater or towards. I have it pointing away from heater . if this is correct what would be my next thing to look at.when the spa is setting without pumps running I don't hear or see any circulation. is this mormal
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: sundance 850 altamar
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have done all the work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 month ago.

You are correct the arrow should point away from the heater in the direction the water flows. You should have a smaller circulation pump in the Altamar spa, this is usually behind the spa control box in the back of the two main pumps. This pump feeds water through the heater and water fall. If this pump is not operational that is why you have the FLO code and the OH is overheat as there is no water flowing through the heater and the water may be heating inside the heater housing causing the OH. Most likely the circ pump is bad, so teat voltage at the back of the pump, if good the pump is bad and replace it.