Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Sundance spa,Rio. An, Sundance. Rio. About. 1999.

Customer Question

I have a Sundance spa,Rio. An
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Sundance. Rio. About. 1999. Sentry 750/850. Dash lines.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Sure I am HVAC tech , so familiar with electrical. Got ohm/ temp on sensors, look OK, but now I have problem with plug for sensors, as I used paperclip to remove sensor wire and can't get back in to clip.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I replaced keypad last year and got some time out if it, now dash lines, ohm value looks good. I am questioning main board,all fuses on boared good
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 5 months ago.

My name is Billy. I see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks billy. Project on hold till I get answer and time. Got ohm to temp chart for water temp sensor, looks ok, so much for cheep fix. Question if it is main board. Also where sensors plug into main board, used paper clip to remove sensor wire from harness to ohm out sensor , worked great, but can't get sensor wire to reclip into harness.
Expert:  Billy replied 5 months ago.

Your sensors may be ok...but experienced a watchdog cut out. This means one of the main safetys tripped (which you probably already know).

The sensor can be ok but actually did its job and now tub is cool. This is commonly an overheat situation or the sensors "thought" there was an issue.

If the sensors are are ohming out according to the chart...then you have either a flow issue, heater or board problem.

Jump power to the motor..if it runs, ohm out heater...if that checks ok you have a bad board.

As far as the harness....this is a tough one. I have even had to take the harness with me and install new males...and even had to replace harness. As you see these are not very heavy duty.

I will leave this open indefinitely for you so take your time.