poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Catalina spa and it says I have a safety fault. It

Customer Question

Hi!
I have a Catalina spa and it says I have a safety fault. It said to check out the heater and I did with no blockage. I says I may have a blockage some place. The spa ran for at least an hour when I first turned it on and came up to temperature. Any idea what to look at next?
Thanks,
Bob
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Billy,My tub still isn't working. I got busy and just didn't mess with it. When I turn it on it says safety-fault and all buttons are non responsive. The timer light is also blinking. When I first fired the tub up everything worked fine and came up to temperature. I removed the heater to look for blockage and everything looked good. What do I do next?
Thanks,Bob
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

Is the pump running during this ?

Or is totally unresponsive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the power is on but the whole board is locked up. Nothing running just says safety fault. I tried to reset it with the #12 dip switch but nothing seams to work. Like I said time is blinking under that. Not sure if it's telling me to set the time or maybe the timer isn't working and the spa wont turn off so it's not letting me turn it on.
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

Thank you,

Do you have a meter that can read resistance?

And be willing to ohm the sensors?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a meter but I have no idea where the sensors are. It's a Balboa board. Is there some place on line that would tell me this?
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

yes, can you get me the model of the Balboa?

Then we will try to wrap this up for you.

Billy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cat 800
I did do the ohm test on the heater. That's OK it's reading between 9 and 11. Plus the heater was new last year.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know where that switch would be or do I need to start taking pumps out to check them. I seen this chart but I couldn't find anything about the vacuum switch.
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

do you see this

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a way to check them or do I just need to replace them?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I just bought 2 new sensors at my local spa store at $68 each and I still have the same problem. My local store is the biggest ripp off I ever seen anyway what do I try now?