poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a sta-rite DE filter (25 sq.ft.) which works fine,

Customer Question

Hi - I have a sta-rite DE filter (25 sq.ft.) which works fine, but the push rod (bronze/brass) vertical that you turn and pull up & allows to back wash the filter and then push back down, turn & lock is broken on the top handle and the seal is no good and I can't divert my water to back wash or even let the water flow back to the pool. Is there a replacement for that? The two bronze discs with rubber washers on the outside are 2 inches in diameter and they are 7 1/2 inches apart starting at the bottom disce to the one in the middle, plus another 7 1/2 to the top handle which is broken off. I don't care if the replacement is not bronze/brass as long as fits and I don't have to replace the whole filter system. Thanks - John Goudy (###) ###-####
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Well the pool is custom made and I purchased this home 3 yrs. ago and the home is about 16 yrs. old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can get this replacement push rod that fits, I can do it as I have already taken it out, but Leslies only has plastic rods that do not fit with the top on the original has a white plastic screw type nut to tighten everything up.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You are quick, but I would be your customer for a long time if you can get me this part instead of replacing the whole DE filter system. Plus, I have six investment rental homes plus my own which total four pools that need service and parts.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is going and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy