Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I just moved my spa. Now the jets have stopped working. The

Customer Question

I just moved my spa. Now the jets have stopped working. The floor jet is working fine and the waterfall is fine. But nothing from the side jets.
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Cal Spa 5000
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible, but I don't mind hiring someone
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It sounds like the pump is making some loud bearing noises.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't received an answer yet.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.
  1. open all jets by turning the faceplates counter-clockwise
  2. Turn down heat so heater does not try and fire
  3. Press jet to turn on jets, twice for high speed, let run for 10-15 seconds
  4. Repeat step 3 a total of 3 times increasing run time by 10-15 seconds each time
  5. Once you see air bubble starting to be released from the jets leave jets running until all air is released

If the air lock is not severe you can sometimes release it by simply “burping” the system. Before you do this you want to make sure all of the individual jets are completely open by turning the jet faceplate clockwise as far as they will go. This will make sure there is no added resistance on the system and the air and water can escape from the jets uninterrupted.

One more thing before we start turning the jets on is to make sure the heat is off, either by turning the heat off at the control panel or turning the temperature down as far as it will go, this way the heater wont try to kick on when there is no water flow as that can damage the heater.

To burp the system all you are going to do is quickly turn the jets on high for 10 seconds and then turn them off, if you have two jet buttons make sure you do this with each jet zone. Do this 3 times and you should see the amount of air bubbles coming out increase each time you turn them on. Keep burping the jets increasing the length of time you hold the jets on by 10 seconds each time. Eventually the whole system will burp and a huge blast of air bubbles will rush out of the jets. If this happens, congratulations you have released the air lock the easy way!

Now if during your initial attempts you see no increase in the amount of air bubbles coming out of the jets or worse no air bubbles at all coming out of the jets you have a severe air lock and you should STOP the “burping” process. The reason you need to stop burping the system if this happens is because if you continue to run the pumps dry you could damage them. This is when we move on to the next method for releasing an air locked hot tub.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about the pump making the loud noise? is this common?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well if there is an air lock your pump can be overworking trying to get it out.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Checking in with you since I have not heard back from you.