Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

I have a flotec AT251501-01 pool pump that needs a starting

Customer Question

I have a flotec AT251501-01 pool pump that needs a starting capacitor. Apparently Flotec no longer sells this model. Where can I get a capacitor that will work?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Cole replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Cole. I see you need help with a capacitor i do not know if a phone call will help but if you get me a picture of this capacitor with its ratings i can probably see who has or can get them. thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi Cole, thanks for getting back to me but while I was waiting and getting more annoyed that Flotec thinks it's ok that a pump they got $500 for would have to be replaced in 2 years if it needed a part so I took a different approach and asked one of the girls take your order for parts once you get all the part numbers, if she knew anyone that worked in the parts dept., and it turns out her boyfriend works in the warehouse so he checked the computer and they have other pumps that use the same motor as mine so I ordered a cap using that part # which was all I needed. The exploded view and part numbers in the manual only cover the pump and nothing in the motor.
So I should be good. I thought this information might be useful or at least interesting.
Expert:  Cole replied 4 months ago.

awesome. yeah sometimes you just have to go off ratings not part numbers. just because one person says its discontinued doesn't mean its not made. glad you got it fixed let me know anytime in the future i am here to help. I do hot tubs but even better at plumbing.. so let me know. thanks again and good luck