Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

SURE, It appears that the Watkins Silent Flo Circulation

Customer Question

SURE, It appears that the Watkins Silent Flo Circulation pump is leaking. Is that sump totally sealed? Or, is is segmented some way that a broken o-ring or seal be the cause of the leak? Is replacing the pump the only option for repair?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Noticed it earlier this week when water level was low. Topped off the tub but last night level had dropped more than 2 inches
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: at least a week water level drops below the jet out lets
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
IS there a way to now cancel the request. You have my $5, but I decided not to pursue the issue
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 9 days ago.

Yes it is totally sealed. Part of this I believe has to do with it's UL listing process. Check to be sure the connections aren't weeping with the water running down the pump causing it to look like it's leaking. Also, check how old it is. They usually carry a warranty which is good with the cost involved. They do not rebuild these pumps, they are all replaced. However, there are some lower cost options available now. You need to know the sizing on it (amps/horsepower), and if the connections are barbed or not and size of connections. Many online sites will have a cross reference for you hot tub.