poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I recently replaced a Jacuzzi tub and wanted to use the

Customer Question

I recently replaced a Jacuzzi tub and wanted to use the power to the pump to provide lighting to my shower stall. I spliced another wire to reach to shower stall and now I get no power from the line. I suspect a gfi but none of the visible gfci outlets are tripped. Help!
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer:***@******.***
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: my cell phone o rmy computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I broke the splice and connected a grounded outlet ... no luck On my electrical panel the breaker is marked GFI / Utility
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a multi meter but I know very little on its operation!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.

If you do not know how to use a multi meter, then using it improperly can ruin the meter. Just wanted to let you know that. Also if you do not how to use the meter you do not need to be splicing lines etc. as you do not know what power you are working with or what circuits are hot. YOu cannot slice a 220 Volt line. Also if your spa is on a 110 Volt line it must be a dedicated line with nothing else on it. You are working with water and electricity...I highly recommend you call an electrician before serious injury occurs.