Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

I have a crack about 1 1/2 inches in the lower section of my

Customer Question

I have a crack about 1 1/2 inches long in the lower section of my jandy de48 filter housing. Sometimes water leaks out other times it is OK. There are many comments on the internet about repairing this with epoxy or fiberglass patches etc. What do you recommend to make a repair? Also, has there been any recall on this product? Thanks for your help
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Onlly discovered about a week ago when I saw water shooting out and determined it was not from PVC pipe connection or other sources.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, or could pay one of your representatives or other professional to fix it if too difficult. What would you recommend if I were to fix it?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Would at least like to get it fixed in order to get through winter and deal with major repair or replacement in the spring.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can Help as I have over ten years of experience. I do not know of any recalls on this product but if i was going to try and repair this with out replacing i would either try jb weld or a product we actually use a product called mr. sticky it works in wet inviroments. it will cure a little faster the warmer it is outside or in the tub cabinet. make sure to follow the directions on whatever product you decide to use. better if you have a product that will adhere with presence of moisture like the mr. sticky or similar. Thank you for contacting us. Hope this works it should get you through for some time.