poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

We bought a used hot tub. It is a Gulf Coast Spa with a

Customer Question

We bought a used hot tub. It is a Gulf Coast Spa with a Balboa control panel. It ran pretty well for a week or 10 days but stayed foamy, We emptied it, cleaned it and refilled it. No more foam, but the control panel keeps reading SL, and it is set at 101, but won't shut off and is up to 104. I used it for a short time because I need the heat and massage for my back problems. Now, we don't know what to do short of shutting it off at the plug. What do you think our problem is?
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: I don't know....The booklet says Gulf Coast Spas. The control panel says Balboa, the cabinet says Eon.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. My husband can fix pretty much anything if he knows what the problem is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a small one 175 gallons capacity
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help.

Expert:  Cole replied 7 months ago.

So looks like the sl code is sleep mode so try and hit the temp up button and than light button withing 3 seconds of the temp button it should change you into different modes. try and get to standard mode. that should fix your issue if it does not let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeah, my husband already figured out what the problem was. Like, three days ago.
Thanks.