Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My spa stereo speakers stopped working... bad works but

Customer Question

My spa stereo speakers stopped working... bad works but small speakers set around top of the spa have no sound. The spa is a bullfrog and the stereo is an AQ-DM-4UBT. I traced all the wires that are not buried by foam but no fray or cuts
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: Bullfrog
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the prescribed check would require a multi-meter set to its Ω function. Each speaker should show a reading of at least 2 Ohms. Then from the speakers, the speaker wires should be traced back to the universal harness AQ-UNH-2 and the same Ω checks done on its connector pins.

Please click HERE for the universal harness AQ-UNH-2's pinout (if needed).

If the speaker, its wires, harness and connector checks good, then it would most likely be an internal hardware issue with the AQ-DM-4UBT.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All the wiring seems to be good.... if it is an internal issue, is that something a novice could fix?
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Attempting a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach would require access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, guess I am calling a repair man.... thanks!
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No worries, I thought that might be the case, but I had to try... thanks!
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.