poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a 2003 cal spa cs 5000 I recently drained and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 cal spa cs 5000 I recently drained and refilled when turned on initialy the secondary pump comes on temporarily but the heat pump will not come on automatically it will heat when jets are turned on but only runs 15 minutes at a a time there appears to be air in pulses coming out of main jet and air bubbles rising from a vent in the bottom of hottub
JA: Who manufactured the spa?
Customer: its a2003 cal spa cs 5000 model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it worked fine before I drained it safety suction sensor is unplugged it would not work with it plugged in
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help as I have over ten years of experience in this field.

Expert:  Cole replied 1 month ago.

It would really help me if you have the serial number on this tub. I have guides for almost all cal spas based off serial. thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure which of these might be a serial number maybe you migh know 52704 is # on the main controll panel right above the the model # other numbers are on a plate on the skirting on Hottub are 03-3mii-ga40 3. 3. 03 I think would be a date not sure And 03s - 014164 I hope that helps
Expert:  Cole replied 1 month ago.

So this this looks like a one pump spa. I think you just have some remaining air in the pump. Have you tried to manually primed the pump before?