poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

Just opened my "brand new" (1985) Jacuzzi prima II. It

Customer Question

Just opened my "brand new " (1985) Jacuzzi prima II. It appears to have never been installed. Got it out on my driveway and connected it up with a 3-wire temporary installation to check motor operation. It uses the magic-touch on-off switch with a low voltage connection to the switch.
Would not turn on in the beginning...then unexpectedly turned on an hour later when the switch was pushed. Now...wont turn on.
Model 493000
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 19 days ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I think we can get this figured out. So does this switch have an air hose that comes down from a button on top of the tub?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No, please read my question stating the magic tough button has an electrical low-voltage wire connection.
Expert:  Cole replied 18 days ago.

I did see your magic switch just got confused when i looked on my breakdown of this unit. so i have not worked on this specific switch. I know you say its low voltage but does the high voltage go through the same switch? Either way what i would do is remove the wires that go to the switch and bypass them by tying the incoming and outgoing wire together and see if the pump runs fine. if it does then you can narrow it down to this switch itself causing an issue. if there was the high voltage that came in and out it would be the same if you eliminate the switch and it works fine then you know its the switch.