Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

Check salt and check cell lights flashing on Aqua Rite I am

Customer Question

check salt and check cell lights flashing on Aqua RiteI am having issues with my Aqua Rite SWG and or my T-15 Hayward salt cell. When the system comes on and flow is established, the generating light comes on for about 1 minute and then switches to "check salt" and the "check cell" lights both flashing continuosly. I reset the check cell light by holding down diagnostic button. The check salt never stopped flashing. The salt readout on the digital display is 3100. There is no chlorine reading in the pool. My cell was about 4 years old, so I bought a new one and replaced but issue still exists. Any suggestions?
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Holbert Pools - its about 11 years old -
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Pool size is 13,000 gallons
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 21 days ago.

Do you have the unit set for the correct type of cell?

Have you had the salt level tested independent of the unit itself? You may need to reset the average salt level.

If that is not it, then you need to get the amp reading in both polarities. Also we will need the voltage while producing and not in produce mode.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
on type of cell and salt level test, I have reset the average salt level. I"ll check the amp reading next

You will need to check the amp and volt to determine if you need to look at board or if you got a bad cell. ON a T-15 the amp range should be 3.1 to 8.0 amps The voltage should be 22.0 - 26.0 Check in both polarities. To switch polarities, cycle the main switch from AUTO to Off to AUTO.

Check your cord/ plug also to be sure it is not damaged and plugged in well.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 17 days ago.

You are welcome