poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

HAS AN HL ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT IS CAUSING IT, IT WAS BUILT IN

Customer Question

HAS AN HL ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT IS CAUSING IT
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: IT WAS BUILT IN MAY 1999
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES IF I CAN. I HAVE BEEN A CATERPILLAR MECHANIC FOR OVER 40 YEARS
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I DO UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF ELECTRICITY. HAVE HAD THE MOTOR REBUILT TWICE, REPLACED THE CONTROLS ON TOP
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help as I have over 10 years of experience.

Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me a little bit about the tub? Model/Model number name of control unit specifically. I will be glad to assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. HERE IS THE DEAL. YESTERDAY I WENT THROUGH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES INCLUDING THE $5 FEE AND THE $30 FEE AND WAITED ON AN ANSWER AND UP UNTIL RIGHT NOW I HAVE NO ANSWER. A FEW MINUITES AGO I WAS ASK FOR THE $5 FEE AGAIN. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. NOW IF YOU WANT TO HELP ME OK. OTHERWISE I WILL NOT BE USING YOU AGAIN AND I WILL NOT RECOMEND YOUR SERVICE TO ANYONE NOW, THE SPA IS A MORGAN AND IT WAS ORIGINALLY PURCHASED IN CALIFORNIA ON AUGUST 8,1999 FROM JACK FAIRALL. IT IS A MODEL 595 EMERALD OCEAN SIDE SERIAL NUMBER(###) ###-#### YOUR INFORMATION SAYS THAT I WILL GET AN ANSWER FROM 10 MIN TO 24 HOURS. I HAVE WAITED THE 24 HOURS AND STILL NOTHING.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO I DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED. I AM HARD OF HEARING AND IT IS HARDER FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY. I CAN READ OK EVEN THOUGH I WENT TO A SMALL TOWN SCHOOL
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ARE YOU THERE???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK COLE, LOOKS LIKE I AM NOT GOING TO GET HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM. I HATE REDO'S WHETHER IT IS MINE OR SOMEONE ELSE'S. I WILL DO SOMETHING ISLE TO GET MY PROBLEM RESOLVED.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
GO NO KIND OF ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM. WILL I BE CHARGED THE $35 THAT I GAVE YOU YESTERDAY???
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

If your still here im glad to try and resolve your issue. looks like we have missed each other a few times. At the end if your no satisfied you get a return. Let me know if your problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I STILL NEED AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ON THE PHONE.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I WILL WAIT A LITTLE WHILE ON YOUR ANSWER BUT I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO THAN SIT AT THE COMPUTER
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
YOU HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS UNIT DOWN TO THE SALESMAN'S NAME AND DATE
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

took me a little while to find this model of tub. Is the tub currently heating until it reaches the HL code? What temperature does it reach?

Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

In the documents I acquired it shows 3 possible control packs for this spa. Does your spa have two pumps (240 volt) ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MY OWNER'S MANUAL SAYS THAT THE HL COMES AFTER IT REACHES 118 DEGREES. IT ONLY HAS ONE PUMP. WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT IS THAT THE PUMP TURNS OFF WHEN IT REACHES THE TEMP IT IS SET FOR BUT THE HEATER KEEPS RUNNING. WHEN THE PUMP STOPS, LET IT STAND FOR ABOUT ONE MINUTE AND TURN IT BACK ON AND THE WATER COMING OUT OF THE JETS IS EXTREMELY HOT. I WILL BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER MOST OF THE DAY TODAY. IF YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT MY PROBLEM IS, LEAVE IT ON THE EMAIL PLEASE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
IT IS 240 VOLTS UNIT
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK COLE. COME ON IS THE PROBE THAT STICKS INTO THE TUB WHAT TURNS THE HEATER ON AND OFF? YOUR CAR, YOUR PICKUP, YOUR PETERBUILT AND ALL EARTH MOVING EQUIPMENT HAVE A THERMOSTAT. YOUR HOME A/C HAS A THERMOSTAT THAT TURNS THE UNIT ON AND OFF AND REGULATES THE TEMPERATURE. YOUR MICROWAVE HAS A THERMOSTAT THAT REGULATES THE TEMP. THIS HOT TUB AND ALL HOT TUBS NO MATER WHAT THE MAKE WILL ALSO HAVE A THERMOSTAT. IT DON/T TAKE A BRAIN SURGEON TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE THE THING IS. IS IT IN THE PROBE OR IS IT IN THE CIRCUIT BOARD????