poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

My Compool CP3600 is making a sound like an electric

Customer Question

My Compool CP3600 is making a sound like an electric toothbrush and then a "ping". It went on last night 3 times with this noise and now has no power to it. What do we need to fix?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 28 days ago.

My name is Garry. I'll do my best to assist you with you Compool.

Do you have a voltmeter. If so, can you check the voltage coming out of the transformer at the outdoor power center?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Garry, the pool is still operating but the indoor monitor is not working.
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 27 days ago.

If you are able to operate all the pool equipment from the outdoor power center, you may have a problem with the connection from the indoor control, or the indoor control itself. Did you try powering down the system at the breaker, unplugging the connection from the indoor control at the outdoor power center, then plugging it back in? Power it back on and see if that re-sets it?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I unplugged the breaker and plugged it back, it still will not power up. Is there a wireless unit that would turn the pool heater on, etc. that I could use in place of the breaker in the house?
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 26 days ago.

Please re-read my previous post. I am asking you to disconnect the cable from the indoor control, at the point where the same cable connects to the outdoor power center. NOT unplugging the breaker. You only want to turn the breaker off, before you disconnect the cable. I am just wanting you to be sure the cable connection to the indoor control is not at fault!