Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

I have a Sundance Burlington. INstalled in 2009. Working

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Sundance Burlington. INstalled in 2009. Working fine before. I disconnected it and emptied and left it without working it for two months. Today I cleaned it and filled it. I usually do this and works perfectly...but this time it starts working and then it appears 118, then 113, the 108 and the oh, then 113, the oh, then ---- and it stops. When it is showing the numbers and the oh sign I can turn on the jets and they work well. What can it be?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It started 10 minutes ago. I didn´t know what it was, so I turned off my tub
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes because I live in a place where there is no service from sundance
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It worked fine before I turned it off for 2 months... They changed me electric meter before I turned it off in july
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help as I have over 10 years of experience in this field.

Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Did you add your fresh water into the bottom of the tub or through the filter assembly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Through the filter assembly as always
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Only when it was 3/4 full I changed to the bottom of tub, so I could put the lid over the filters
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good. I see you said the jets are working but do you think they are pushing 100%. Also if you have not tried to run without the filters in then try that first and see if it was just a restriction in the filter cartridge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was precisely that. I had put a new silver filter inside th filter that kept the pumps from running pk. It is working great now. Thanks!
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

Anytime, I'm glad to assist you. I think you can even request me in the future and i would always be glad to assist you in anyway. I also do a lot with hot tub chemicals so if you ever have an issue with hot tubs, chemicals and or plumbing I am excited to help. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry to bother you again but today I checked my jacuzzi and it did warm the water but it has stopped and is showing ----
Do you think it coul have anything to do with electricity voltage?
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

No problem.. So the problem was the filters before? Did you replace the filters or put back in the old? I suppose it could be voltage but lets determine if were still having a related problem to the original. glad to assist :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought it was the filters and mainly that there was not enough water in the filter reservoir. But that was apparently a temporary issue that impeded the pumps to run 100%. I am back with my initial problem I believe. At the beginning the display showed several numbers and oh, and then turned ---
The spa ran ok for some hours but then the display is showing --- again! Everything seeems ok with the pump and heater so I am thinking that perhaps the voltage is not ok because the electricity company changed my meter and they surely moved something! Perhaps they put together the cables with something else. I will have them check that today!! This is the voltage that I shoul have. Am I right?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The one on the right
Expert:  Cole replied 2 months ago.

yes that looks correct we usually do not do any 240 volt system under a 40 amp breaker. If its free to check have them do it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The voltage entering my spa is 210 and when pumps are in it goes down to 205. Never below. What could it be?