Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

Well i am not sure what to do next. I have a hotsprings

Customer Question

well i am not sure what to do next. I have a hotsprings sovereign 2 hot tub that i bought from a use to be friend. nothing was supposed to be wrong and I cant seem to get anything right. the mother board was bad and I was getting funny votage reading from the jet circuit so I replcaed it still wont turn on my jets. I wired the pump directly to power and it worked leaked like crazy but that another story . What can I try now.
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: hot springs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have so far and am ready to cut my losses and run. but if there is something little I am missing I would like to try it first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am considering a tech but have already invested substantial money in what was supposed to be a good deal.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 2 months ago.

A common problem we see when people order boards for older tubs is they get the wrong one. Sometimes the dealer sells the wrong one and sometimes the factory sends the wrong one. To order a new board you must order the same number that is on a white label located on the existing board. Another sure fire way is to order from a Hot Springs dealer (online or retail store) by having them call Hot Springs and match the serial number. Using the year of the tub alone is not enough as the boards can change mid year for a few months. Be sure this is the correct board as they are very expensive.

On these tubs if the control system door is not shut the system will not come on either (some of them) be sure this is secure as well.

It sounds like the pump is not getting the signal from the board. If the board is correct check the voltage at the pump again. Check for loose wires. I believe this is a 220v tub. Did you or an electrician wire it? Wiring a GFCI breaker can be tricky. Does the control panel light up? If there are NO lights then it is the electrical hook up. Sounds simple but we have to ask to be sure and not assume anything on this end. If it lights up and the pump does not turn on, and the board is correct it should give you an error code.

I hope this helps to start your trouble shooting again...If not let me know and I will do more research on your particular tub if you know the year.