Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

I have a 2 Rheem pool heaters,series PT, model# RMST2-63

Customer Question

I have a 2 Rheem pool heaters,series PT, model# ***** HC....I have been told by a heating and air service man that they both need to be replaced..1 of them has lost its freon..the other keeps kicking out a switch..the units are 8 years old..Can the be (in your opinion) fixed or should I believe the replacement opinion. Thank you!~
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Bell pool and spa in Omaha...the guy I purchased the house from is also the Heating and Air guy..He put these in himself
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I have Bell pool giving me a bid as well..the replacement bid from 1st guy is almost 8,000 dollars for one unit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Pool is 20 x 40, 3-7 feet deep..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

It is my experience to inform a customer with a honest expert opinion, who knows what you got, and I am not there to confirm there opinion and diagnostic, It's a pretty big expense, and maybe get a second opinion.