Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I have an intellichlor ic40. It was functioning normally

Customer Question

I have an intellichlor ic40. It was functioning normally with the exception of the cell light blinking green, needed to be cleaned. I disconnected the power, pressure washed the cell, replaced the fuse, reconnected everything. When I went to power it back on, no lights, nothing! Any ideas? Many thanks!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 2 months ago.

Pressuring washing the cell is not recommended as all it needs is an acid wash and normal rinse. Check all connections on the unit to be sure they are not loose. Check the breaker that this unit is connected through to be sure it is not tripped from a wet connection after washing. As no lights are coming back on it is a break in the power circuit. Hopefully something was not damaged in the unit after pressure washing. I see you replaced the fuse. Did you replace it with the same type of fuse? It must be a 10 AMP SLOW BLOW fuse. I would check this fuse first to be sure it is a "slow blow".