Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Please see what I've typed in the previous window to your

Customer Question

Please see what I've typed in the previous window to your automatic messenger
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry but your original question is not showing do you mind to tell me what is going on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately, I've got an appointment that I have to leave for in five minutes. I can't wait to have you answer and then implement the answer...
How may I more easily contact you online (no phone call) ??
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Well when you get back from your appointment I can be here when you are ready. Right now I dont even know what the problem is yet.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My Hayward pump SP3400VSP and the digital control SPX 3400LCD...I noticed it wasn't working. pressed speed #3 (or any other speed as well) and the pump kind of "chugs" very briefly once, then the "check system" light comes on. I check it and the error signal says "offline HVA-10-44-01-59-8E" and "pump stalled 4 days ago".
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Indicates that the drive has lost control over motor shaft rotation, or that the drive was not able to start the motor after 3 attempts. Motor connections to drive should be verified.

This is what that error means.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/EcoStar.pdf

Trouble shooting starts on page 31

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How in the world would i check the motor connections to the drive?
This isn't a nice easy "reset" kind of electrical problem?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Its not unfortunately but you can see how to remove the motor assembly on page 26 of the diagram I provided you. Please do not rate negatively based on this information I am doing my best to assist you just sometimes its not always a unplug and plug up or push a button situation. If you find this information please rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from following up with me and if you have any more questions I am here to assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How about I rate when we are done? Isn't that how it's supposed to be done?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That is totally fine. So did you see the instructions on page 31 for removing the motor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've got the manual, where would you begin? Which connection would you check first?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can do that easily. I will do it and let you know through this medium we're now using.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Motor Will NOT Start:

1.Make sure the terminal board connections agree with the wiring diagram on the pump data plate label.

2.Be sure the pump is wired for the available field supply voltage (230VAC).

3.Check for and correct any improper or loose wiring connections; open switches or relays; tripped circuit breakers, or blown fuses.

4.Manually check the rotation of the motor shaft for free movement and lack of obstruction. Correct if necessary

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This pump has been operating perfectly for over one year.
Any guesses as to what to check first?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Have you taken the pump off yet? If not how about we try turning the unit off at the breaker for at least a full minute and then turning it back on to see what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Already did that. Same result.
I'll need another 20 min. or so to get the pump off..
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Thats fine I am here.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

While you are taking it off make sure to see if there are any lose cords because that could end up being your problem.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering how it was going since I haven't heard back from you yet?