Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

I have a 2000 series great lakes spa. The heater works but

Customer Question

I have a 2000 series great lakes spa. The heater works but after getting up to temperature it does not restart for it's normal cycle unless I unplug it and press the pump buttom. What could be the problem? I get a FLO error reading on the display.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you in fixing this matter.

The Flo error code when the system does not detect any water fl ow while the primary pump is running. Check and open water valves. Check for water level. Clean filter.

http://www.spaparts123.net/files/2009_Gecko_Topside_Control_Manual_K.450.pdf

If this information helps fix your issue please do rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions or this does not work please do not rate negatively I will try to assist you further.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already did that. When I unplug and plug in the electrical connector the pump and heater work just fine and there is good water flow. When the system gets up to temp it shuts down like normal. That is when get the FL error code and have to the process.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok well that is what the code is for I am not sure why that does not clear it for you but I will opt out and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Expert:  Machinc replied 2 months ago.
Usually if you have good flow but get an error the sensor is bad. ( screws into pipe )
First check and clean the connections. If that does not fix it replace the sensor.
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 months ago.
Check the connections at the controller also.
You can clean with alcohol
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 months ago.
Usually the wire itself is ok but check for flexibility and cracks.
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 months ago.
Worst case the control board is bad,
Usually age, moisture , or a lightning pop
is the cause. This is last resort . It is more likely the sensor at the pipe.