Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

H100ID1 pool heater will not light, Hayward, if possible, I

Customer Question

H100ID1 pool heater will not light
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Hayward
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I replaced the ignition board and wiring, removed and cleaned the gas header, and can smell gas after failed attempt to light.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you if possible today. I am sorry to hear your having trouble with your pool heater. Typically there can be a few things that is going on with this is a problem.

There is an "air switch or sail switch" that proves that the blower has came on and expelled any remaining gases in the flue. It is likely that this switch either has failed or is hung up and will not operate. If this switch does not close, the gas valve will not open. So you may have to replace that part.

I hope you have found this information helpful and if you do please rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my information. If you have any follow up questions rating does not stop you from following up with me. I hope this is the information you were looking for. If not please feel free to follow up with me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It turned out to be a plugged line. Spider webs.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I am so glad it turned out to be something so simple. I am glad your unit is working again.