poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

I haven't used by gas pool heater for a couple months. Now,

Customer Question

I haven't used by gas pool heater for a couple months. Now, when I try to use it, it will not ignite. I hear the unit "sparking" but it does not ignite. I do not smell any natural gas.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the brand and model number of your unit? do you have a multi-meter to do some testing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I'm at my office right now, and I don't have the model number available right now. I do not have any sort of multi-meter. The display on the unit is working.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, get back to me when you have the model info. I'll be online until at least 7 pm EDT back at ~8 am EDT. Troubleshooting is limited without a meter but there are likely a few things we can check.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

I'll respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I could not find a model number on the heater. it is a Raypak. The label on the side talks about models 1826 and smaller, and 2100 and larger. The heater is about 3 feet tall, and 2 feet wide. My pool is an inground vinyl pool, 14,000 gallons. Looks like I would have to take it apart to find a model number.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

The model number should be on the rating tag. You might have to remove the front panel to see it. Here is the link to the manual for the most likely one.