poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Where can I find a schematic to repair Pentair 472100 DDTC

Customer Question

Where can I find a schematic to repair Pentair 472100 DDTC circuit board? It reads 10F too high (confirmed by checking resistance of thermistor).
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just put in a new DDTC to fix the problem, but I don't want to throw the old one away, I wish to repair it for a spare.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Absolutely
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The schematic needs to be a typical "repair document" that identifies component values and locations on the circuit board.
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

I found this for you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is not helpful. That figure is in the manual and is the heater system wiring diagram. What I asked for is the schematic and component location info for the DDTC module circuit card shown in the diagram. The thermistor circuit has a 10 degree offset due to a failed component on that board.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but I figured I would shoot it to you just in case. If its not I'll be more than happy to opt out and give another expert a shot versus getting a bad rating. Please do let me know if this is what you are looking for.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/MiniMaxNTServiceManual.pdf

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, not helpful. What I need is the schematic with resistors, caps, and integrated circuits identified and located. An example schematic for a different unrelated product is attached. The info is important because with surface mount parts and multilayer boards, deriving the schematic by examining the hardware is very time-consuming.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Ok that is not what I have I will open this back up to see if anyone else may have it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The person who would have it would be a pentair factory tech, or a tech with the supplier who actually manufactures the DDTC board. Where do you send these for repair, or do you toss them?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Well we are not with pentair itself we are actually a trouble shooting company of experts who can help diagnosis problems help you order parts and fix your things. This diagram however that you are looking for is not a typical diagram which therefor makes it that much harder to locate. I cant say that nobody on the site has the diagram but I do know I did some extensive research trying to locate exactly what you are looking for and came up dry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I couldn't find it either, thats why I was willing to risk $30 with you!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I apologize I was unable to locate it for you. We can either open this back up and wait to see if someone else has any ideas or we can close this thread and refund your good faith deposit. Please let me know how you wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Open it up, thanks.
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 2 months ago.

Hi

My name is Garry. I have a repair service that troubleshoots and repairs pool, spa, equipment including gas and electric heaters.

We are Diagnostic and Repair Technicians only. We are not Engineers. My company has been a Warranty Service Station for Pentair heating equipment for more than 20 years.

​When we diagnose a defective circuit board, (weather it's a 6800 board or a DDTC board), we remove it and simply replace it with a new one. We NEVER replace individual components on any board. I'm telling you this, because the schematic you're looking for is a schematic the

Design Engineer at Pentair, or at the vendor they purchase the boards from are the only ones that will have this. They will not even release this to me, in spite of the fact of being a Warranty Service Station for them.

You might try to contact them in the hope they will accommodate you, but I know of no other way you could get a detailed schematic of this kind.

Sorry to be the one that has to tell you this, as I'm certain this is not what you want to hear, but I'm trying to save you for getting your hopes of finding a schematic of this type on here. If you wish to get your fee for this refunded, I completely understand!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know it isn't generally available, but i'vebeen able get schematcs before sometimes. I'll just have to map out the temp circuit by hand. What's annoying is that i've had two board failures. One after 11 years, the other after 16 months, and would like to repair this one to have as a spare.Please refund the fee.
Thanks

I have sent in a request for a refund for you. Thank you.