Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

We have an Aqualink RS system for our pool. The system is 11

Customer Question

We have an Aqualink RS system for our pool. The system is 11 years old. Recently, in the last few months, the pump does not turn on when programmed, even though the red light say "pump on" on the Aqualink control boxes. I have to turn it off and on a couple of times. We thought it was a problem with the pump motor, so our pool technic***** *****ged it out (twice). Everything is fine for a couple of days and then the same problem recurs, the pump does not turn on when programmed?
Can you help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you replaced the pump motor and still have an intermittent problem then the only other component that's in play is the control board. You're next move would be to replace the board. I have to assume the connection at the board from the pump has been checked.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not yet. We are having the board checked this week.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, if you don't have any more questions I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it is the control board, do you know what the cost would be approximately?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry, not without calling for a quote and nothing is open his weekend.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you tell me what the part is called or a part number?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

It's the PC board I'd need to know the model number of your controller to find the part number. The cost usually ranges $3-400 and up

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

It's also possible it's a relay board which is less money. This is something your tech needs to diagnose on site.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I called a technician yesterday and he said the main board would cost around $1200.00?? It sounds like I need another technician?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

There are some boards for that model that are pretty pricey. Calling someone else for a second opinion is a good idea.