garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I have a Laars V Pool Heater working well but requiring a

Customer Question

I have a Laars Mark V Pool Heater working well but requiring a new Down drop with hood diam.8 inches/20 cm. Where would I purchase this please. Thank you Victoria Lenygon
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Not sure it says Teledyne Laars on Servicing Manual.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, but have a plumber who instructs general workings of pool who could change it. Heater requires servicing by someone else and cannot we have this done until there is a new down drop.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Could you please let me know where I can purchase the down drop. I do not know here you are and whether you can quote for the servicing.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like to know where you are calling from. I am in the UK and it seems you are in the USA? Is this correct????
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Victoria:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you best I can with your heater.

Unfortunately, the Laars Mark V heater has been discontinued from being manufactured since the 1990's. Replacement parts may be difficult to get.

Teledyne Laars, the original manufacturer of your heater has been purchased by a company called "Jandy".

You might try contacting them at this site: www.zodiacpoolsystems.com

I am located in the United States, so I'm not familiar with any company in your country that may be able to get one for you. Hopefully going to this site may be helpful for you.

Please let me know if this works for you. Thank you.

Just checking to see if you had a chance to access the site I suggested, and if it was helpful for you?