poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I just heard that the man who cleaned out my 3 year old

Customer Question

I just heard that the young man who cleaned out my 3 year old HAYWARD PERFLEX FILTER last FALL (2015,) found a part within the DE/WATER TANK and discarded it without informing me. What is that part# ***** what is it used for? My pool supplier (3 Brothers) tells me that my pool water is perfect, except what I have told him sounds like I'm having DE coming back into my pool. It sounds perfectly true, because after 3 different FILTERS and 55 years of pool enjoyment ( I just turned 86 years young on August 4th), this is the first time in my life that I have cloudy water and residue at the bottom of my above ground pool 18x34??? What is your professional answer? Thanking you in advance. Donald Taffurelli
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Happy Birthday! They say that 90 is the new 60! Could the missing part be part number 3 on page 6 of this manual click here ? It looks like this click here