Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I've a 2007 Hotspring Prodigy. with an intermittent heater

Customer Question

Hi.. I've a 2007 Hotspring Prodigy. with an intermittent heater fault - do you think you can help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About 8 weeks past we had a major service on the tub.. shortly after it blew the main board attributed to water ingress into the light unit which cause a board fault... shortly after the new board we noticed the tub not heating up... but before the service guy could come out, I reset unplugged the power and reconnected and all seems well... until now.. jets on.. enjoyed the tub yersterd.. today notice the tub is not heating..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably not, but Id like to be 'ahead of the repair guy' when he comes
JA: Anything else you want the pool technician to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Airheatman replied 2 months ago.

If spa is circulating but not heating we most likely either have a pressure switch or thermal safety that is opening. Have the tech check filter, air locks, and limit switch.Could be as simple as limit is shutting heater off prematurely if switch is defective.