poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

Have a Hayward pool sand filter. For 2 years it has been

Customer Question

Have a Hayward pool sand filter. For 2 years it has been dumping sand into the pool, I took the filter apart last year and checked all the laterals and found nothing wrong, took the entire lateral assembly to the local pool place and they found nothing wrong. I put it back together and it still dumped sand. This season started the same way so I purchased a new Hayward sand filter and installed it 5 weeks ago and it's now dumping sand into the pool. Am I doing somethings wrong? I have maintained this pool for 35 years using Hayward filters and pumps most of those years and never had these issues.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, see steps 31 and 32 of this video and photo series let me know if your hub is similar and what you can discover.

We can go from there