poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Have a Hayward pool sand filter. For 2 years it has been

Customer Question

Have a Hayward pool sand filter. For 2 years it has been dumping sand into the pool, I took the filter apart last year and checked all the laterals and found nothing wrong, took the entire lateral assembly to the local pool place and they found nothing wrong. I put it back together and it still dumped sand. This season started the same way so I purchased a new Hayward sand filter and installed it 5 weeks ago and it's now dumping sand into the pool. Am I doing somethings wrong? I have maintained this pool for 35 years using Hayward filters and pumps most of those years and never had these issues.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

Hello, see steps 31 and 32 of this video and photo series let me know if your hub is similar and what you can discover.

http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_replace_a_lateral_in_a_pool_sand_filter.aspx

We can go from there