Cole
Cole, Salesman
Experience:  tech support, purchasing and sales at my family owned business.
95045110

I have a jacuzzi j480 2006 I think it's a control panel

Customer Question

I have a jacuzzi j480 2006 I think it's a control panel problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The hot tub heats up and at 10am the jets turn on but anytime after that the control panel doesn't work like if it's on some type o sleep mode
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: Jacuzzi j480
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yea
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I reset the breaker in the home for 72 hours
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Right before it broke down my teenage friends were in it not sure if they pressed a bunch of buttons and put it on locked down mode, it stays heated at 101 and the jets turn on at 10 am but when I try to push the buttons nothing happens
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. I'm Cole, I see you need help with a spa. I think I may be able to help as I have over 10 years experience in this field. Let me know if you still need help with this. :)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

I will be glad to help. Do you have the serial number handy.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OYQ3LXD-100219880-0306
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model J480/STERjacuzzi
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. So i had to dig through some old archived owners manuals but here is how to change your low level programming. I think you will find that your programming got changed so this shows you how to change it back too normal. Let me know if this does not take care of your problem. I am glad to help. :)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I press the buttons nothing happens, I found this manual online also but it didn't help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ive seen manuals for 2010 models, for technician if you press A 4 times and B 4 times different codes to unlock but I didn't find one for this model when it's on lock down
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

Is anything displaying when you do this or just temp?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Temp 101F standard
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's how the display shows
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.
Anyway to grab a picture of the display for me? If not no problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just sent one
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here's another
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

O.k so pretty sure your filtering/time got changed on accident. So if you can refer the owners manual i provided and go to (page 34-11.3) this is the time of day setting so get this set on the correct time. step two (page32 and 33) change the filter cycle timing and i would change the time it goes into the cycle to a time in the middle of the night say 3am or so. This should take care of your issue you can also put a safe guard in to protect your settings from these teenagers :) by going to (page 35 11.5) and putting a lock on your filtering settings not necessary but preventive. Let me know but im pretty sure this will solve your issues. :)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I try to press buttons and nothing happens the only one is the lights, that's the only button on my control panel that does anything all the other buttons don't do anything I'd I press them
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I press them
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

So you said this happens at 10 am. You should be able to adjust these before the 10 am mark. Once its in this filtering mode it wont let you change things. If you reset the power can you try and change the time before it locks into filtering mode?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I shut hot tub and re powered it and it stays in the same mode
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
At first I though my pump for jets went bad but they go off at 10 amwhich means it's not the pump
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

So no buttons work at any time or is there a time when you can get some to work?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No buttons work only lights button turn on and off
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Z
Expert:  Cole replied 8 months ago.

O.K let me do some more digging. I will be in contact.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did u find anything