Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

How to reinstall the CL220 flow control valve. Mine is a new

Customer Question

How to reinstall the CL220 flow control valve. Mine is a new unit and I removed the control. The control stem is firmly connected to the handle, I reinstalled and it is turning fine. However, when dialed to "off" the inflow is not reduced or shut off. The tiny white gasket is in place at the tip of the stem. I'm guessing it's not seated fully into the unit. Should I pound it further in forcibly? Is there a trick to fully seating the control stem so it will shut off? Please advise.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still need help. I have reinstalled the control -- stem and gasket are in place; no apparent problem. However, when I turn the control from "full"" to "off"'it has no affect on the flow of water into the chlorinator. Should I pound on the control to seat the stem deeper? -- I don't want to crack the stem.
Expert:  Billy replied 4 months ago.

it would be best to start over. If you tap stem down we dont know if the stem and slot are lined up. Remove and reinstall but leave handle off to line up..then insert and tap if necessary.