Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers

I am trying to replace a motor on a hot tub. The original

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to replace a motor on a hot tub. The original motor was 110v. The new one is 220. When I first started working on it few weeks till I did not have a 220 outlet available so I just plug it into a 110. The motor good work when I plug it in in Woodburn for a while but they have to kick the breaker. Now I have a 220 ran to it and hooked directly up to it. My problem is there are four wires coming from the house green red white black. And for the control box to the motor there are four wires of the same color but the motor itself only has 3 wires it does not have the red wire. I have tried leaving the red wire unhooked. I tried hooking the red wire to the white wire and lives in the white wire and hook. I'm trying several things but no matter what I do pump will not kick on. I know there's electricity to the tub because the light will come on and it controls come on but when I push the button to start the pump I just hear a clicking in the control box.
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: Balboa...does that sound right?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think it was manufactured in 2005. I got it free on Craigslist because it needed a new motor. I happened to have a 220 motor already that I purchased with intentions to use on pool. . The motor is a century pool and spa.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fyi there are conversation directions on panel in which I followed
Expert:  Billy replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying